New Order Analytics is a sports analytics company with proven experience in delivering data-driven solutions to professional clubs, athletes and World in Motion sports agency. Through our Scouting Tool platform and bespoke goalkeeper data, we allow our clients to make smarter decisions in recruitment and beyond. For enquiries – please contact us at email@example.com.
How many men’s leagues does New Order Analytics cover?
New Order Analytics currently covers 92 leagues around the world on our Scouting Tool platform, from the UEFA Champions League to the Estonian Meistriliiga, and everything in between.
Where does the data come from?
The New Order Analytics Scouting Tool platform is powered by Wyscout. Our bespoke goalkeeper data is collected and analysed by ourselves.
What is the goalkeeping data?
In response to pre-existing data on goalkeepers, we at New Order Analytics built proprietary data and models to evaluate goalkeepers in terms of shotstopping, distribution and cross-handling ability. Unlike other providers of goalkeeping data, ours is not restricted by binary interpretations of events on the football pitch. A goalkeeper spilling a shot is not the same as catching it cleanly. The data has been used to identify, analyse and promote world-class goalkeepers and we have completed several projects for professional football clubs in goalkeeper recruitment.
What is the Scouting Tool platform?
The Scouting Tool platform is a web application built to scout every corner of the globe at a click of a couple buttons. It is a key tool for many professional football teams, as well as being used in-house by World in Motion sports agency.
Namely, it includes five distinct sections:
- Attribute Search – Designed to identify the best players for a given level according to exact technical and tactical specifications, plus in terms of budgetary, age, and market preferences.
- Find Me a Player Like – Designed to identify the players who are the best version of a specific player you have in mind, and who satisfy your budgetary, age, and market criteria. Unlike other providers, we do not use clustering algorithms to avoid identifying players who have the same weaknesses as the player you have in mind. No one wants to find a player who does not press the opposition when looking for the next Lionel Messi.
- Comparisons – Designed to directly compare players anywhere in the world, who play the same position, to compare similarities and differences, and see how players may perform in various global leagues.
- Market Search – Will allow you to find the best players in each position for every market according to your specifications on age, value and passport country.
- Club Search – Allows you to select any team, and immediately review all of their players, and how they compare to the average player in various competitions.
Do you apply league adjustments?
Yes, however it is only available on the New Order Analytics Scouting Tool platform. The radars we post on social media will not include league adjustments.
Is the data from the most recent season?
To allow comparisons of players in summer and winter leagues, New Order Analytics uses data from the last calendar year. If a player has played in more than one league in the last calendar year, their data is combined (and adjusted accordingly on the Scouting Tool platform).
Why do New Order Analytics’ radars always include averages?
Unlike other radar graphics, New Order Analytics uses min-max normalisation rather than percentiles to visualise a player’s outputs. We do this primarily to highlight outliers. The issue with using min-max normalisation is that each output has a different average value due to its distribution. We therefore include averages to compare each output appropriately.
Who do I contact for pricing enquires?
For pricing queries about either the Scouting Tool platform or our bespoke goalkeeping data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me on Twitter at @AlexWylie.